Senior Campaign FAQ

I pay a lot in tuitition, does that not cover everything?

Your tuition only covers 70% of the cost of your education. The other 30% of your GW experience is funded by the generous support and financial gifts from GW alumni, students, parents, grandparents, corporations/foundations, faculty/staff, and friends. Private support is instrumental in your experience here at GW. Without it, many of your #OnlyAtGW moments would simply not be possible. Just as college tuition is an investment in yourself, making your senior class gift is an investment in GW students.


Who can give to the Senior Class Gift?

A senior is recognized as any student graduating in May, August or December of the current academic year. For example, a student graduating in May or August of 2020 or December of 2019 is a member of the 2020 class and therefore represented by the 2020 Class Gift Campaign.


Why should I give to the Senior Class Gift?

Since the first class gift in 1980s, seniors have been using the Class Gift Campaign as a way to leave their mark on the University. The Class Gift campaign is part of a nearly 40 year tradition that allows you to make an impact on the lives of future students. It marks the start of your legacy while giving back to the University. During your time at GW, you may have benefited from a student org, a school, a professor, a club and/or a sports team, and the Senior Class Gift allows you to help that part of GW support students in the future. 


How can I make a gift?

The Class of 2020 can choose to make a gift via credit card or cash at one of the many Senior Class Gift Campaign events throughout the year or online.


How do I get involved?

The Senior Class Gift Campaign is always looking for new network volunteers to help spread our mission of philanthropy and leaving our senior legacy. Network volunteers are needed to help make the various events held throughout the year possible and communicate our mission of leaving our senior impact! If you’re interested, please contact Malcolm Badger, Helena Doms, and Jared Levinson, the 2020 Senior Campaign Coordinators, at [email protected] to get involved.